Visiting a new church can be intimidating
Maybe you are returning to church, or coming to church for the very first time. You may feel like people are watching you or maybe that people will judge you. “Will the preacher condemn me from the stage?” “Will people judge me if I look differently than they do?”
A few tips to help you when you visit FBC:
- Feel free to come casual or dressy. We have no dress code, whatever makes you comfortable is great with us.
- Sit anywhere you like, there are no assigned seats.
- Beware of friendly people – someone WILL speak to you.
- Your kids are safe and they’ll have fun in Kidz Quest, a worship experience designed especially for children in Kindergarten-5th grade.
- A spacious, clean, well-staffed nursery and preschool classes are provided for those children 5 and under.
- We are not after your money! Guests are encouraged to enjoy the visit with NO obligation to give.
First Baptist Galax is not a perfect church, but we strive to make it a “perfect place for imperfect people.”
Where everybody is welcome, nobody is perfect and anything is possible.
If you are interested in “kicking the tires” and seeing what First Baptist Galax is all about you can attend the First Steps class that is offered on a rotating basis a few times each year. The class meets immediately after church where you will be served lunch, and is a great time to ask questions and get to know what First Baptist Galax is all about.
Feel free to contact Pastor Sam firstname.lastname@example.org or call the church 276-236-5185 about attending the next session if you are interested.